Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Celebrating Kathy Brennan's Birthday in China

 Gentle Reader,

We had the opportunity to celebrate Kathy's birthday while in China.  Kathy is our extraordinary clarinetist.

The cake was far less sugared than one you might find in the West.  As you can see, it is decorated with all kinds of fruit.  Scott and I are especially fond of dragon fruit, which was on this special cake.

This event brought back memories of celebrating Scott's birthday in Turkey, back in 2009.  I had contacted the restaurant for that evening, and I tried to communicate the idea of a cake for celebration.  I wasn't at all sure what the result would be.  At first, a plate of biscotti, creatively arranged was delivered to the table.  I thought perhaps this would be "cake" for the birthday celebration.  I was mistaken.  Turns out that they served up a cake ablaze with sparklers at the end of the meal.  A fantastic celebration for Scott on July 3!!!

Namaste,
Marianne






Sharing a memory... celebrating Scott's birthday in Turkey in 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment